The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean may be your choice for your next vacation. Make a naked train and game vacation! So many package deals are available to make your trip so much more than a break from your routine. A vacation vacation will be a hands-on experience for improving your golf game, enjoying a phenomenally relaxed and luxurious setting and visiting a different country or country! This planning guide will guide you to some of the top rated golf resorts in the world.
Whether you end up booking for yourself or through an experienced golf travel specialist, start your online research where you can find premium golf courses and cheap travel deals. Prices, resort amenities and golf course details are available. But look further for packages that include airline tickets, hotel accommodation and green fees to get your best value. The typical Golf Resort Vacation Package will include most of these features:
- airline tickets
- Resort accommodation
- Verified Tee Times
- Green fees prepaid
- Shared cart for 18 holes
- Rental of equipment
- Golf lessons
- Dining at exclusive restaurants
- Transfers to the course
- Airport transfers
- All taxes and service charges
Golf courses are planned in a wonderful environment where you can find yourself on a sea breeze or overlooking lush vegetation, and you can combine golf with other resort amenities to provide a well-rounded holiday.
For example, try one of the many glamorous Club Med Golf resorts with beautiful fairways in the most memorable, inviting locations around the world. Club Med offers deals including the best golf equipment and lessons for all levels! Its locations include Cancun, Mexico, and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other places include the world: Turks and Caicos, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal, and in the United States – Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world and there are about 100 resorts called "golf hotels" among the 500 plus golf courses across the country. The most famous are Turnberry, Gleneagles and The Old Course Hotel St. Andrews. Each has a spa, leisure facilities, excellent restaurants and golf training packages for all levels.
Mexico has numerous golf resorts located in luxury coastal locations. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. Also, Mexico has its own champion version of Baja at California's famed Pebble Beach Golf Resort, called Bajamar, just a few hours' drive from San Diego to Ensenada.
For the United States, check online for some of the golf resorts offered by key magazines such as Golflinkwho publishes Top 100 Golf Courses in the United States. This number ranks the best of over 21,000 public and private golf courses nationwide. However, within these one hundred courses, you want to look for resorts with package programs and golf lessons. Among the top 100, you'll find that major vacation destinations with golf resorts are in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina, and Texas. Let's review these states for their best locations:
- In sunny, always-temperate Florida, Club Med's Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy offers 2-day and 3-day golf courses. The Academy includes all aspects of the game, such as Chipping, Putting, Bunker, Pitching and Lob Shot, Full Swing with Irons and Woods. A video has been provided analyzing your swing, as well as an optional video comparing your swing to that of a professional player. Also, there are regional golf resorts throughout and around Miami for year-round vacations. Each resort offers on-site amenities and services, both on and off the pitch and minutes from major Miami attractions such as South Beach and Miami MetroZoo. Here you will have many options during your golf vacation.
- Arizona has a climate that is appropriate for many months of the year, and Scottsdale has nearly 200 golf courses, much to the scenic backdrop of the Sonoran Desert. This is a golf destination with golf schools and professional shops. Many resorts here offer high quality accommodations and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages where hotel guests may have reduced green fees. Also, Sedona, Arizona, offers many golf resorts with mild year-round climate and spectacular red rock views.
- In California, Pebble Beach is known for being a small coastal golf destination tucked away in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the renowned Pebble Beach Golf Links, Pebble Beach Lodge and the prestigious Inn in the Gulf of Spain. Golfers come back every year to rub shoulders with golf professionals and experience nature best at the magnificent golf course exhibited by leading golf course designers. The harmony of the golf course and the majestic coastline are inspiring!
- Another golf paradise is conveniently located along the south Atlantic coast of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines natural beauty and world-class barrier island golf with a length of 12 miles and a width of five miles. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends have often played these championship courses. Since the first golf course was opened at Sea Pines in 1961, there are now emerald connections and exceptional courses in Harbor Town, as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf center. It is legendary for its stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, the picturesque swamps and the marine wildlife. The temperate climate and year-round sunshine also make Hilton Head the perfect place to stay.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, is quietly emerging as one of the fastest growing golf destinations in the US amidst the glamor and glamor of its casinos. The city's huge convention center and innumerable hotel rooms make it a natural haven for large-scale golf events. With year-round sunshine and mild temperatures and lots of things to do after a full day of golfing from gambling to watching fun shows, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN has ranked Austin, Texas the No. 1 golfer on its Golf.com since 2010. Austin's big golf courses are shaped by Texas Hill and are among the best in the United States. The region is highlighted by the Wolfdancer Golf Club, which was named No.66 GolfweekTop 100 Resort Golf Courses in 2009. In addition to being a big city for contemporary music and home to numerous celebrities, Austin offers holiday golfers great barbecue, an idyllic, year-round climate and luxurious accommodations.
Your best package deal will be in all the resorts involved, where airfare, lodging, dining and golf are all integrated into one price. On the other hand, consider the traditional hotels and resorts in the proposed places. With a little online planning, one of the best golf resorts in the world may be your affordable choice. Enjoy location, exploring the region as you improve your golf game and provide a joyful, well-rested vacation for your family and loved ones!
(c) 2012 Elizabeth McMillian